Sunday 5 June 2022

Bayanina

In my Bayanina posts, I will explore early Australian colonial history through the story of my maternal ancestry. Utilising genealogical research, DNA analysis, oral history, and primary sources, I will chart my Aboriginal, convict, and free settler heritage, and shed light on the complexities of the frontier.

Please click 'Bayanina' label in the side bar to see all genealogy posts.


bayanina / buyanini / poo.yan.nen.ner
"poo.yan.nen.ner" pronounced (approximately) buya-nina means "dog"

Plomley, Norman James Brian. 1976. A word-list of the Tasmanian Aboriginal languages. Launceston: N.J.B. Plomley in association with the Government of Tasmania.



Kangaroo Paw now held by the Scottish Poetry Library

  Kangaroo Paw is now available for loan from the Scottish Poetry Library in Edinburgh - a library dedicated to Scottish poetry, and poets ...